Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Odyssey RA6 2000-2003 Alternator & PAS Belt(s)

hughezee

• Administrators

Since my cracking honda Odyssey could be considered an old banger by the vast majority and Honda wanting £50+ per belt just to be put on backorder even gates don't offer the correct size belt anymore. So I delved into some alternatives and came up with several incorrect options referring to the shuttle RA1-RA3 or CG4-CG9-CH7 Accord. I finally found two Gates belts that fitted and I know allot of the belts ref to size on the belt itself but I even found a supposedly longer OEM belt to be the same length as the new belt, very frustrating.?

20180608-171924.jpg20180608-171948.jpg20180608-171928.jpg20180608-172036.jpg

Hope it helps somebody ?

• Like 3

• Administrators

Definitely Dave plus they started to chirp like annoying birdsong or a scalded cat on a cold morning, although it was my intention to replace them when I did the timing belt etc the ones originally supplied with the kit didn't fit and according to the gates they had discontinued the  4PK1085 now replaced by 4PK1083 although the Bando belt that came of suggested 4PK1086 which I also ordered and it didn't fit WTF????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• Founding Member
10 hours ago, hughezee said:

....... they had discontinued the  4PK1085 now replaced by 4PK1083 although the Bando belt that came of suggested 4PK1086 which I also ordered and it didn't fit WTF????

Hell, if that’s supposed to make sense then I don’t ever want to be sober ?

• Haha 2

• Moderators
On 6/8/2018 at 6:14 PM, hughezee said:

Since my cracking honda Odyssey could be considered an old banger by the vast majority and Honda wanting £50+ per belt just to be put on backorder even gates don't offer the correct size belt anymore. So I delved into some alternatives and came up with several incorrect options referring to the shuttle RA1-RA3 or CG4-CG9-CH7 Accord. I finally found two Gates belts that fitted and I know allot of the belts ref to size on the belt itself but I even found a supposedly longer OEM belt to be the same length as the new belt, very frustrating.?

20180608-171928.jpg

Hope it helps somebody ?

Seeing that pic reminds me i have an alternator from an Odyssey 2.3iSR that's looking for a new home, fairly sure it's the 90A version but i can check if anyone is interested?

Should fit all 4 pots of that engine - Odyssey/Shuttle, Accord etc

• Like 3