Subscriptions & Donations ×

Window Problem 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

Andy Mc

Lovely day, windows down let the heat out. Window back up = crunch, thud, motor whirs to halt window nose dived at funky angle partially poking out the car ? 

Is it going to rain tonight/tomorrow?

Presume its a combination of screws n poppers for the panel then see how i go from there. Has anyone else had this?

Upshot i can now clean that bit you can't really reach.

• Sad 1

Got panel off, glass has come out of front guide (nearest w/mirror) and wedged so won't wind fully down for better access.

Where the glass attaches theres a brass screw on either side going through a white clip. Again the nearest has gone through. If i undo the rear one will this free the glass so i can re position it into the runners and tighten the bolts back on?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Maybe is the answer - those white clips have a nasty habit of breaking and/or wearing so they no longer grip the glass. Often the only answer is to renew them.

I would think they are probably still available and when you do get them sorted, make sure you lube the channel the glass slides in with silicone spray lube to help prevent the window sticking as it slides up/down which is usually the main cause of this problem. ;)  :D

• Like 1

Managed to sort it fingers crossed. It's quite a user friendly system with the glass sitting on those lips and that sliding bar.

Luckily access to the rear bolt is good. Freed the glass and got it out. Lowered mechanism further down to the access holes and got it grippd back in. Bit of lube down the sliders and it worked. 

Had to rush it last night after getting in from work at 8pm i couldn't leave it how it was. So quite a race against time with the light. Bit of a mess already behind the door card with broken clips and a glued on retaining clip for the door handle rod attachment which nearly stopped me at that point. 

Thank you for responses, i can cruise with window down again hopefully at the right angle too ?

• Like 3

• The title was changed to 1998-2002 Accord Coupe Window Woes, Problem
  • The topic was pinned