Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Accord Coupe Passenger Heated Seat Not Working

Andy Mc

Hi all, not been on for a while, Honda still going strong and gone straight through mot with compliments which is a first. Anyway not that its bothered me as i don't sit there, but with a few days off coming up I'd rather be outside sorting thing's so lookng at tackling this.

The switch lights up but the seat doesn't heat. What/where are the basics i should be checking over before i dig deeper? Any advice appreciated, thanks Andy.

• Founding Member

Hi Andy, my simple brain is telling me that there’s obviously power going to the switch.  Therefore, there must be something amiss with the power going to to the seat heater, which presumably is like an electric blanket ie lots of wires.  Therefore;

1. The seat heater element is shot.
  2. There is a loose connection between the switch and the seat connector.
  3. There is a fuse somewhere that has blown.
  4. I will be eating six chocolate eggs over Easter.  
  5. Laird_Scooby aka Dave is probably laughing his socks off and will post a schematic diagram of the circuit with a fix involving some kind of witchcraft. :D
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Hi Andy, what Geoff has suggested pretty much covers it (thanks Geoff) in my experience the common issue is the heater wire/ element failure which is stitched into a layer of the seat upholstery, its sandwiched between the seat foam and leather covers on the 1998-2000 models or some late registration 2001, but if your equipped with seat side airbags the passenger seat has a completely different element setup to the driver side and rarely if ever fails, as it was originally destined to be drivers seat in the LHD USDM model and made more durable. Replacing the top and bottom elements require the seat covers to be completely removed in order to replace them I do have some spares but are all old and probably won't last long if re-stalled, you can buy some aftermarket replacements (ebay.com) and wire them up to the existing circuit or try an external seat heater maybe with massage function, treat yourself.:lol:;)

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Honda Accord Coupe Passenger Heated Seat Not Working