Subscriptions & Donations ×

98-02 Accord Coupe Chrome Strip Gap

PTR200S

• Moderators

Another little problem I discovered whilst washing the whole car for the third time in three days.... gonna have shoot some of the bloody pigeons around here.:angry: was this........

9EgWT9a.jpg

How did that happen?:unsure:

A bit of reasoning and I came to the conclusion that it, the front section, had slipped forward to the A pillar as the rear half of the trim has a fixed curve and can't slide round.

Where the trim finishes at the a pillar looked ok but when I opened the door and checked the length of the exposed trim against the passenger side I could see that it must slide on that way.

iqbXd5F.jpg

So, using a hide hammer and a small piece of soft wood to protect the trim a little bit of tapping and here is the result, well happy.:lol:

aVYLIm2.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Same thing with torque wrenches, who needs 'em.... just need to moderate your arm to give T, VT, VFT or BFT ( barsteward tight!)

I used to be able to do that but recent years have taken their toll and i either end up doing it ridiculously tight or stupidly loose so rely on a torque wench these days. There's a lot of stuff on Hondas in general that has a torque wrench setting where most other manufacturers wouldn't even bother to specify, sometimes they need to be adhered to on Hondas though! ;):D

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Some years later.......its happened again !!!

I did notice the trim had moved a few months ago with the top gap opening but today required the appropriate tool to fix it !!!

It looked to have moved exactly like the picture above from five years ago but went pretty quickly from a small gap to a larger one.

I guess five years plus between repairs is acceptable...and anyway the bloke that repaired it last time denied it was him 😜😜😜 and no warranty was implied !!