Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Legend 2005- 2008 Hands Free Changing Language

Mazda Man

• Founding Member

Just thought I would share a top tip for any member with the KB1. I got mine today and decided to pair my phone, which is usually a simple task via Bluetooth. I pressed the ‘talk’ button, waited for the beep only to be greeted by a female voice speaking German?  After Googling this the fix is quite simple, surprisingly simple in fact.  During set up you just says ENGLISH clearly and then the voice changes to English and asks if you want to change the language. That’s it.  Then carry on pairing.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Honda Legend 2005- 2008 Hands Free Changing Language
  • Founding Member

Working on it Dave.  Work in progress I believe it’s called.  The CD player can hold six CDs so I’ve selected a quality mix of appropriate music, namely King Diamond, Accept and Megadeth. Will load them in the morning.

The sat nav screen is multifunctional in that it changes depending on which button you select.  If you select AC then it changes to ventilation then you select whatever mode you want.  It then talks to you...”driver footwell” or “passenger footwell” for instance.  I’m still leaning what all the gadgets do and how to select them.  When you select reverse, the rear view camera comes on and depending on which side mirror you’ve selected, it angles down so you can see the white line.  Amazing.  They’re headed too and have that clever auto dimming glass which is a bit weird (as does the rear view mirror), they fold in too.  Happy Days.  B)

Stu mentioned that underneath so of the main structural things (that’s a technical term) are aluminium, as is the entire gearbox.  Stu’s already told me not to use cheap fuel to protect the catalytic converters.  

I think I may name him LENNIE LEGEND.  

• Like 2

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, The_Legend_Geoff said:

Stu mentioned that underneath so of the main structural things (that’s a technical term) are aluminium, as is the entire gearbox.  Stu’s already told me not to use cheap fuel to protect the catalytic converters.  

Yes the KB1 front & rear subframes, suspension arms all alloy, FYI all Honda engines and gearboxes are aluminium blocks & cases, with few exceptions ;) 

• Like 3

• Founding Member

I’m aching to polish them but I’ve been working in the shop today.  :unsure:   However....I’m off until Wednesday and only need to cover the shop for approximately 4 hours a day now which means time to whip out the cleaning paraphernalia.  Yes!  :)

• Like 2