Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Front Lip "REPAIR"

hughezee

• Administrators

I thought I share a few shots of me refurbishing my front lip, it had suffered a few stone chips and scrapes since it was last painted, also the wrong shade of gold as well :rolleyes: looks much improved, despite no real before shots.:blush:

IMG_20170619_002931.jpg

IMG_20170619_111559.jpg

IMG_20170619_124056.jpg

IMG_20170619_124624.jpg

IMG_20170619_142320.jpg

Three cans of lacquer later and a good cutting and polish to follow in about a weeks time when it's on the car  :D

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

OK I have now decided that I should have spent more time on preparation. Stu is never wrong! I have therefore sanded it all back again and I will start again. Unfortunately I am spraying outside and the weather has changed so it will have to wait.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Moderators

That's a pity but its better making that decision now rather than putting it back on the car and then deciding you don't like it! 

It usually means it will never get done unless there is some time to do it........oh, maybe !

• Like 4

• Site Subscriber’s

That's pretty much what my booth is. I've got a space just about big enough which is enclosed on 3 sides by the side gate, the fence to next door and a brick coal-bunker. I line this with dust sheets and move the wheelie bins across the 4th side to enclose it as much as possible. It still needs to be a pretty windless day though.

Oh and my trestles are a pair of old folding garden chairs!

• Like 5
  • Clap Hands 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Today I finally turned the car around. The battery was flat so I had to jump start it off my daughter's Civic. So I can show you what the front end looks like now with the repaired bib spoiler and the self adhesive number plate. front.jpg

The bad news is that the battery doesn't appear to be holding charge. I left the car ticking over for an hour but there wasn't enough juice to start the engine.

• Like 4
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators

Looks awesome Dave, great work 👍😎

3 hours ago, davebrads said:

The bad news is that the battery doesn't appear to be holding charge

I have a 2.0 Accord battery spare you can have, just tested it and its fine, happy to leave it out front if you still need one 👍

• Like 4

• Site Subscriber’s
14 hours ago, hughezee said:

Looks awesome Dave, great work 👍😎

I have a 2.0 Accord battery spare you can have, just tested it and its fine, happy to leave it out front if you still need one 👍

Oh dear, I've ordered one of ebay now. Thanks for the offer. 

• Like 2