Subscriptions & Donations ×

Which Brake Pads 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

PaulS

• Administrators

First off shy away from eBay, lots of fakes flying around unless you come across a reputable seller ^_^  me personally I have found apec and blue print to be the most consistant when mixing different brands of disks & pads together. ;)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Try checking out honda genuine pads, sometimes available cheaper online from a dealer (:rolleyes::o

Not sure if the coupe has the same pads as uk accords? Stu? Dave?

Had good results from blueprint and ebc stuff in past but have often returned to genuine honda pads particularly with motorcycles and for not a lot of money more than the other brands. The honda pads just seem to be more durable than the other brands in their wear rates and effectiveness. 

Having said that, if i was changing the disks and pads i would go EBC if available, Mintex worth a look too.

• Administrators

Good suggestion Pete, the UK accord doesn't share the same pads or disks and with not knowing whether Paul's disks are the genuine ones I would be hesitant putting original pads on them as they can score lesser disks very quickly. Also, I've never been impressed with the EBC stuff in all honesty and that includes some genuine disks for certain models, but each to their own I just like to warranty all my brake jobs for 3 years. ;)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Think the problem with ebc is the wear rate on original disks....would always fit disk and pad together...

This is why i would always go original fit on a road car..after all the manufacturer spent a lot of money developing  their product to produce best possible results for a road car. And they need to recover the cost somehow :rolleyes:

Track car different animal ......

• Like 1

• Founding Member

I used mintex and ferado and really liked them. However on my next set I wanted to achieve the same bite with minimised brake dust so I settled for EBC Reds....defineltley same bite and easily 50% less brake dust! 

• Like 2

• Founding Member

They are very good around town and would have them again. Stu installed them last Feb at 65k and I did 75k last week and they are still going strong. 

The only thing I would say that I expected less brake fade when very hot but are still better than the mintex and ferrado in this department. 

I will do one more brake fluid change when I see Stu at some point hopefully this year. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 Brake Pads? "RECOMMENDED"
  • The topic was pinned