Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Sunroof Maintenance "GREASE"

Retsof G

Something thats does get overlooked purely due to our climate ,sunroof  when in use ??  just check the drain holes are clear & while its open it will take less than two minutes to  grease to the channels, then just open & close the sunroof a couple of times to spread the grease and job done ??

• Like 2

• Administrators

Great suggestion although the grease used by Honda does last a long time compared to other manufacturers and I've never needed to ever re-grease a sunroof unless a generic product has been used at some stage and it's reacted and created a dry condition on the mechanism or just collected debris. The later Honda's do suffer a little more and people have used anything handy to get it running smoothly again, which is all often short lived so I would recommend Shin-Etsu Grease and when used on rubber it's brilliant, sorted several old seals or leaky sunroofs with it.

• Like 3

This is what I use.     WhiteGrease2012-11-13112432_zpsed68bfdf.

I also use it on Hinges and Locks and never had a problem with Door Locks freezing - I squirt into where you insert the Key. Also Bonnet Catches and exterior of Throttle Assemblies. 

Whether the correct stuff, I don't know, but I've never had anything seize on me. :)

Cheers  stu .? when it was last serviced  the honda technicians had applied grease to the runners ,on the sunroof  the locks and  door hinges , again its something ive always done myself when building or servicing cars i tend to use three types of grease multi ep2 lithium, copper grease, or white grease depending on the maintenance  which extends to coating all the brake lines ,its a little extreme but it has served me well regarding ease of replacing worn or perished components on vehicles ,  i flushed the engine twice with oil before replacing with the grade that sitting in vimto now and seriously thought of dropping the sump cleaning and replacing with fresh gaskit .which i might still do ? ,its something my dad used to do and as a kid i would watch him working and learn he rebuilt a old ford ashly kit car rebuilt a sunbeam alpine mk3 GT  to a series one P6 3.5 and  and so on, and every spanner or socket he used was cleaned and placed in the correct tray  top man i love him 

• Like 1

Cheers bill , you have the easy aerosol, ?? i have a two litre pot of white grease and and gloves to apply  ,i prefer your method ,??? i will post a few of my old series one  P6 rovers ( your to young to remember these bill )ive owned over the years one the brute arden green with the buick 3.5 tuned  and the white buick 3.5 with rear head rests which if i remember  i paid over £200 for the headrests about 20 years ago as being like hens teeth my wife was not best pleased ive spent a bit at ray weekly  & wadhams and the likes  unfortunately my images are on photo of the cars ive owned  pre phone tablet and computer   as being an old bugger so with the help of my children  i will get around to it  before to long ??

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Retsof G said:

Cheers bill , you have the easy aerosol, ?? i have a two litre pot of white grease and and gloves to apply  ,i prefer your method ,??? i will post a few of my old series one  P6 rovers ( your to young to remember these bill )ive owned over the years one the brute arden green with the buick 3.5 tuned  and the white buick 3.5 with rear head rests which if i remember  i paid over £200 for the headrests about 20 years ago as being like hens teeth my wife was not best pleased ive spent a bit at ray weekly  & wadhams and the likes  unfortunately my images are on photo of the cars ive owned  pre phone tablet and computer   as being an old bugger so with the help of my children  i will get around to it  before to long ??

Oh I remember the P6 Rover. I only ever went in 2 of them though.....

Once was in a 2000 Tourer when a friend of my father gave us a lift from Walton-on-the-Naze back home to Richmond-upon-Thames one day as I believe his car had broken down.

The other time was when I was arrested by the Flying Squad, (along with a few others) - they thought I was someone else. (Honest). At least I had a nice breakfast before they realised their mistake. I was only about 16 at the time I think. I remember I asked them to put on the flashing light and siren...lol. And they obliged! :D

Although I think I looked right dodgy back then.... VsymVry.jpg  :D

And of course I sat in a few when I worked at The Black Horse Garage in Richmond back in the mid-70's.

Oh, and I drove a friends Rover P5 Coupe once. It was his Grans and she wanted it taken to a garage.... Had never driven an automatic before. Found it very strange!

Bloody hell bill you made me laught nice one ??? i had hair like that once i  was no more than seventeen i went into my local shop  a bloke commented to his friend "" she has a nice face "the other replied "yes but she is flat chested "" it took a while for the penny to drop i was the focus of there conversation , i will skip the rest  ,well with the series one p6  3.5 only option was auto wonderful cars P5 included which i have never sadly owned   , that old tub of white grease which owes its state to some idiot not checking he had removed it from under the car before lowering his trolkey jack ,it happened some years back but reminds me to slow down and check everything is removed from under the car that includes ME ???

20170406_160639.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Accord Coupe Sunroof Maintenance "GREASE"