Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 Roof Wrap Vinyl "BLACK ROOF"

hughezee

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Coupeman said:

Probably not approved by the purists amongst you but am also having the (fake&plastic) interior wood wrapped at the moment - pics soon :o

We are hardly purists m8, but the coupe was great to begin with so a few tweaks are welcomed ;)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Must be the weekend for the purists to get annoyed with mods - just been discussing a retro-fit diseasel engine in a Range Rover V8 somewhere else! Like i said there, if it does what you need/want it to do, then ownership is continually evolving to create your own unique car that would be almost impossible to replace, regardless of cost or available budget. As such, if you're happy with it then go for it!

Wheels are a prime example - many people change theirs and the purists would say unless they're the factory items they're wrong. If they look good to the owner and they do the job, who's worried? :D

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Thanks for that Geoff - I'm so pleased that pic was taken :angry:  ... The experience did help someone else though - a dealer friend of mine did the same thing with an old volvo he'd taken in recently so I helped him carefully remove the lamp unit - with a lump hammer :D    - Stu's solution as I remember........

• Like 3

• Moderators

I remember many moons ago (about 30 years ish) i had a Hillman Avenger that had a slightly leaky fuel tank. As such i always carried a can full of petrol in the boot so if it ran out unexpectedly i could still get home/to a grage etc.

One day while filling up at the local petrol station which had attended service (this bit is important!!!), i opened the boot for the fuel can, unlocked the filler cap and put the keys (still attached to the cap) in the boot.

The attendant came along, i said fill the can and put the rest up to a tenners worth in the tank.

He filled the can, put the lid back on, put the remaining £7.50 ish in the tank then replaced the pump. Turning to me, he slammed the boot and asked where the filler cap was!

I didn't have a spare key for that car. This was long before central locking and certainly before remote locking and things like remote boot releases.

Luckily the next victim waiting for petrol had a Mk3 Cortina. Knowing the profile of the boot lock on my Avenger was very similar to most Ford keys i persuaded the confused customer to lend me his car key. Luckily it fitted my boot lock like it was made for it! In fact, when i did eventually get a spare key cut, it didn't work as well as that Cortina key!

He was relieved that i hadn't broken his key, i was relieved i could use my car after filling it up and the petrol attendant was releived as the queue was growing by the minute and unless i got the key, my car wasn't moving!

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think the attendant was praying to Dear God for a miracle! :lol: He suggested pushing my car forward until i pointed out that the steering lock was on and the wheels would take it straight into the road at a weird angle!

I don't know if he ever shut anyones boot again, i moved from there shortly afterwards and made sure i got petrol elsewhere (even if only a full petrol can) so i didn't go there again. ;):D

• Founding Member
On 08/05/2016 at 10:55 PM, Coupeman said:

Thanks for that Geoff - I'm so pleased that pic was taken :angry:  ... The experience did help someone else though - a dealer friend of mine did the same thing with an old volvo he'd taken in recently so I helped him carefully remove the lamp unit - with a lump hammer :D    - Stu's solution as I remember........

Brilliant....it worked though Rob.  Anyway, did you complete your Secret Mission with the spare key?  ;)  This message will self destruct is 5 seconds......4 seconds.....

• Like 1