Subscriptions & Donations ×

Temperature Gauge 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

gbn

• Moderators

I can certainly understand all of what she's going through. A Legend is slightly higher  (based on my 827 saoon and coupe) so should be easier to get into.

Perhaps adopting a slightly unusual method of entry will help - with the door open (on the passenger side) and her back to where the door is when it's closed, stretch the right leg out  sort of behind her into the footwell. Bend forward and move her backside into position on the seat. As the seat takes her weight, make the right leg more natural and start to bring the left leg up so her body can be swung round into the car.

Reverse the procedure to get out again, left leg out, turn the body round so she's facing out of the car, bend forward and pull the right leg out at the end.

That's the basic method i use as i suffer something similar but on the left leg (hence no manuals for me!) and that's mroe or less how i get in and out of the drivers seat. The passenger side is harder so it's probably a good thing if she doesn't drive.

The method is slightly exaggereated purely to illustrate the basic movements and as i'm fairly certain she'll be a different size/shape to me, i'm sure you'll have to modify the method or possibly already use it or a variation of it at least.

Either way if the Coupe is too low then it's too low. Perhaps something with air suspension that you can raise the ride height on so she could get in easier would be an answer?

6 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Either way if the Coupe is too low then it's too low. Perhaps something with air suspension that you can raise the ride height on so she could get in easier would be an answer?

a 4 x 4 coupe monster coupe, there's a thought. It's already riding high looking at the wheel to arch clearance 🙂

Same for her with a manual, even her Alto is giving grief although I use that for the daily 110 mile commute due to fuel costs as not using the bikes at the moment.

I looked at an F-RV but it doesn't float my boat. I know the Legends well and the 825 /7s, nice cars. The 7 series I had was good for her but a bit thirsty 🙂

I want a car to tow my bike trailer, I don't want to chop the rear bumper of the Coupe and her Alto has a 100Kg towing weight 🙂

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Lumpy said:

a 4 x 4 coupe monster coupe, there's a thought. It's already riding high looking at the wheel to arch clearance

I was actually thiking of something like a Lexus LS with air suspension that you can raise higher so your good lady could get in easier, then set it to normal ride height.

I deliberately didn't mention 4x4s as i found the Jeep Cherokee i had too high in the end (i'm about 5'10-5'11 to give you an idea) and most are a similar height.

Perhaps fit air suspension on your coupe purely to lift it so she can get in then drop it to normal ride height after, best of both worlds and keeps the outlaws from getting in the back too! :P

Another suggestion would be the Volvo 7/9xx range as they tend to be higher and easier to get into. If you don't want to live without a 6-pot in your life, there is the 960 3.0 24v, 204bhp, it will tow most things (with an extra ATF cooler) and you could probably just wheel your motorbike into the back! They can be made to handle as well but avoid anything 1996-on, they were under Fords partial control then and quality suffered.

Loads of options around, just need to work out what's right for you and right for your wife. ;):D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was pinned