Subscriptions & Donations ×

98-02 Honda Accord A.C Receiver Drier Replacement

• Administrators

I've been giving ageing A.C system system a tune up with several new parts and thought I would share some pic's of me replacing my Accords receiver drier ;)

Please note: Before working on your air conditioning system I advise you to get your system recovered (removal of refrigerant) so its safe to work on. Also I would strongly recommend anybody attempting a D.I.Y repair please wear eye protection and a breather mask and gloves just in case your system is blocked and could be retaining some pressure.  

IMG_20160104_114224_zpsdqupany8.jpg

IMG_20160104_114307_zpsdtjav7fr.jpg

IMG_20160104_114824_zpssi6k5wpi.jpg

IMG_20160104_115000_zpskjlpnaal.jpg

IMG_20160104_115624_zpsmimq4xan.jpg

IMG_20160104_120507_zpstkzqmfa1.jpg

IMG_20160104_123612_zpssjai0qee.jpg

IMG_20160104_123747_zpshv9hgnsu.jpg

IMG_20160104_124255_zpshdzeyvrm.jpg

Should you have any questions don't hesitate to ask us :)

• Like 1

• The topic was featured
  • Moderators

Can i just add a word of warning Stu? If anyone is working on their A/C system, even if it has been discharged, NO SMOKING!!!!!

R134a refrigerant when mixed with tobacco smoke generates cyanide gas in lethal quantities. Even just a small amount of R134a is enough to kill someone, especially as it would be inhaled with the smoke!

Great work though, nice to see A/C being tackled for a change! ;):D

• Like 2

• Administrators

Think mentioning a breather mask would be enough to discourage people from having a sneaky fag whilst inspecting the progress of their work or a job done badly and its leaking out :lol: Nevertheless a very good point to mention Dave as I am sure many wouldn't even know of the consequences, simple error yet a deadly mistake ;)

• Like 2

• Moderators

True enough Stu but some peole as you say wouldn't know the consequences and think they'd be alright. Even if they had breathed some gas in without realising it can still have nasty consequences even a while later so perhaps the breather mask (respirator variety to prevent any unwanted gas) and then wait a good half hour for a smoke after just to be safe. :D

• Like 1

• The topic was pinned