Subscriptions & Donations ×

Replacement Rear bushes

Mark

Hi there I'm looking to replace the bushes on the rear of my lovely coupe. Any recommendations for a uk source please? It would be great to get the arms complete (lower, control, etc) but I haven't seen any parts anywhere yet -not even just the bushes to press at home :-o . I've admittedly only done Internet searches so far and have as yet to call anywhere, but I'm a little concerned as there's normally something online. Thanks for any help, Mark, Bedfordshire :-) 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hello Mark, welcome to the club :) Yes the parts for these great American built coupes can be hard to find in the UK

B__2900.thumb.jpg.f0e30a0cf118e1a2587f8a

I am assuming your talking about the lower trailing arm item 15-16 which usually wears out first? If not please pick out the arms your after and I should be able to point you in the right direction. Additionally I have some complete brand new after market arms in storage and a parts car that has had several new genuine bushings fitted in 2011 so I wouldn't worry to much m8y ;)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Founding Member

I am thinking of replacing a majority of my bushes this year just to tighten up the ride/steering and of course for general maintenance for longevity purposes. I will also get the engine and tranny mounts checked over.

Any thoughts on the above guys? 

Sounds like a visit to HHQ is in order:)

• Like 1

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Still only on one post???? I saw Dec 23 as the post date, only one post in the members time on here, you see where i'm going with this! Where's the emoji for shaking head with disbelief? :lol:

Yes it's frustrating when somebody joins no introduction :rolleyes: asks something or are in need of solution fast, and we Honda 6 responding in a timely manner with the info' (unlike allot of sites) and then nothing, just found it funny with your unknowing belated response ;)

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, hughezee said:

Yes it's frustrating when somebody joins no introduction :rolleyes: asks something or are in need of solution fast, and we Honda 6 responding in a timely manner with the info' (unlike allot of sites) and then nothing, just found it funny with your unknowing belated response ;)

The funnier thing is that it appeared when i clicked "Unread Content" - i can only assume this is because of Ahsys post below.

8 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

Good one Dave.....very funny!

However ;)any thoughts on my post? 

Thanks Ahsy - wasn't intentional! :D

On 28/12/2016 at 9:59 AM, AhsyV6 said:

I am thinking of replacing a majority of my bushes this year just to tighten up the ride/steering and of course for general maintenance for longevity purposes. I will also get the engine and tranny mounts checked over.

Any thoughts on the above guys? 

Sounds like a visit to HHQ is in order:)

In all honesty i thought you'd answered your own question - a trip to H6HQ should sort out which bushes need doing, which are getting to the point where it would be good to renew now while they're still available and whatever else.

It's a wise move to get the bushes checked over anyway, suspension bushes are often neglected until they get to the point of failure which is usually at the MoT testing station. By then they've usually been gone for some time and replacing them turns the car into a completely different animal. The fact you're catching yours before that means you might not notice the same level of difference but will be assured of a car that remains taut and compliant on the road. ;):D

• Like 2

• Administrators
9 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

Good one Dave.....very funny!

However ;)any thoughts on my post? 

yes Ahsy sorry about that mate, good idea on replacing the bushings and personally the only way to secure the longevity is buying OEM replacements, but it could get pricey, but still cheaper than buying another car overall ^_^

• Like 2