Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe CG2-CG4 Fuel Relay Repair Service.

hughezee

• Administrators

Fuel pump relay repair service available to all coupe owners  ;) so anybody that is suffering with an intermittent starting fault just PM me your details and I will send you a repaired one in exchange for your old relay, just for the cost of postage ;)

More details on the fault check out this post linked below. 🖐️

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Funny that, I was thinking about relays yesterday as I started the Coupe, listening for the destinctive clunk as it operates at ignition on point.

I was wondering just how many relays go bad and how many owners then think the car is in for a big bill?  Or worse still, call the scrappy,.? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

I was wondering just how many relays go bad and how many owners then think the car is in for a big bill?

That red one that was up for sale recently is a prime example, the thing is I fitted a relay to project shimmer thinking I had sorted that relay well I hadn't and thought it had to be a vacuum leak on the throttle as I did some cleaning of the IAC valve. Anyway, after about 20 minutes I stopped and approached the car as if I had never seen it before and traced the fault to what I thought was a good relay. Scratching my head I swapped the relay and bang she fired straight away, this took me about another hour of simply elimination...  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, hughezee said:

thing is I fitted a relay to project shimmer thinking I had sorted that relay

Easily done Stu! I resoldered the relay in my Volvo a couple of months back and for a while had the fuel pump prime with ignition again, then it started dropping out then gave me an FTP about 10 days ago. After going through everything else including the Radio Suppression Relay - a cunningly misnamed device that actually feeds the injectors and errr.............. fuel pump relay! - i discovered the fault lay in the fuel pump relay.

Bottom line is, despite all the theory being against it happening, relay (and contactor) coils go weak with age, draw current but don't produce the magnetic field to pull the armatures in to make contact. Can be a real bi-atch when fault finding as sometimes they work and other times they don't! Annoyingly they often click as if working but aren't actually doing anything.

Currently waiting for the postie to deliver a new relay............. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• The topic was featured
  • The topic was unfeatured