Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Tailgate Hard to Shut "HARD TO SHUT BOOT"

hughezee

• Administrators

Worth checking this video first, if your having a hard time shutting your boot on the Accord Coupe  ;)

There is a little piece of plastic "cover" and once in a while becomes dislodged :mellow: try and re-seat it ;) maybe a clean of the area & re-grease and it should shut with no effort at all  :)

• Moderators
Something to add here, not sure if the Accord suffers from a damp boot the way the Rover 800/Legend can suffer but making sure the springs/gas-struts that hold the boot lid open are in good condition will also help make sure the boot stays shut properly. 

How????

Because the springs/struts are arranged so that when the boot is shut, the spring/strut mechanism is past the point where they are at the least "reaction" so are in fact helping to keep the front edge of the lid down on the seal.

Strange but true!
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Stu - can i make a suggestion? Turn your phone 90 degrees so it films in "Landscape" rather than "Portrait" mode - makes it the more conventional view so we get to see the whole screen instead of a vertical "slit" like looking through a medieval castles arrow slits! ;):D

This short vid i picked at random from my collection shows what i mean :

th_VID_20150922_172323882.mp4

Much easier to see what's happening (apart from my filming skills or lack of! :lol: ) with the "bigger picture".

• Like 1

• The topic was pinned