Subscriptions & Donations ×

Locking wheel nut tool replacement?

Dak_Attack

Hi guys, 

I recently purchased a 1999 Honda Accord Coupe. It has locking wheel nuts but annoyingly the car didn't come with the wheel nut tool to get these off! I've done a quick google search but can't find a replacement tool that looks like it will fit. Does anyone know where to get a replacement tool? Thanks! l5RQfeJ.jpeg

• Founding Member

Hi, congratulations on your new coupe.

When I had this issue with my previous Legend I rang round a few Honda Dealers, some have a full set of the Alloy keys on site to use so they can help you find out which one you need then order it for you at a reasonable price, the other way is that sometimes the Key code is written down in your Service book or instruction manual.

• Founding Member

Some of our local tyre places will remove any locking wheel nuts for you, but I do not know whether they wreck them or have special tools to keep the existing nuts in one piece..  Either way, you can always then buy a completely new set for around £25 - £50....  But if they can identify the actual remover code, a decent Honda dealer shoud be able to get a remover...

Or once removed you can buy 4 new wheel nuts for vey little...