Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda RA6 Odyssey BREAKDOWN ​😦

hughezee

• Administrators

Well, there's the first time for everything and after collecting some audio equipment from Derby the car randomly stalled at traffic lights and refused to start, no DTCs. After abandoning the car to head back to H6 HQ for some tools and spare parts and after swapping the ignition coil (Pretty common) still no joy.🥲

So I reluctantly called the AA how embarrassing 🫣 but cannot fault their service TBH. Anyway, he went through the basics and couldn't find anything wrong then the car miraculously started and ran like shit, so opted for a tow back to HQ and now the car has fixed itself and is running okay-ish.

• Sad 1

• Founding Member

I took the triumph for a spin the first time in months a couple of weeks ago. It kept stalling at junctions and traffic lights. Fuel was getting low. 5 minutes after toppling up with E5, the stalling stopped and it ran lovely. I suspect the fuel doesn’t keep as long as it once did. Hate to sound like some uneducated conspiracist, but I suspect they are driving us petrol heads off the road slowly…..

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Retro Rich said:

Hate to sound like some uneducated conspiracist, but I suspect they are driving us petrol heads off the road slowly…..

Agreed, another uneducated conspiracy theorist here 🤣🤣  , "they" have already started by allowing fuel costs to be excessive and not curtailing the petrol retailers,  allowing the increase of road tax (ved) to be increased on a percentage basis plus giving EV owners cheap electric costs with special rates ( which the rest of us pay for).....etc...etc... wouldn't put it past them to be doctoring the fuel with something horrible apart from bioshite, that is...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, hughezee said:

This is what I'm thinking TBH

I think I would be working on this basis too..different fuel supplier ????.has it not been used for a while.??

• Like 2

• Administrators

The car has been run daily on shell fuel save for a few months but the last fill didn't smell right IMO 🤔either way cannot trust the car until this is resolved.🥲

• Sad 2

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, hughezee said:

The car has been run daily on shell fuel save for a few months but the last fill didn't smell right IMO 🤔either way cannot trust the car until this is resolved.🥲

Wonder if it was the fuel tank at the station, run down to the bottom maybe?  Stale fuel? Had that before but not in the last few years.

Might be worth going back to the station to see if they have had any problems with other owners....

• Like 2

• Administrators
7 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Might be worth going back to the station to see if they have had any problems with other owners....

Doubt they'll admit to anything but will drop a message on the local group chat on F.B 👉

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s

Who is the fuel supplier? A mate filled up once and broke down. He called the petrol company directly (BP from memory). They arranged collection of a fuel sample (taken from the car by garage) for analysis.

Then also analysed the fuel from the garage. Turned out iw was contaminated with sea water.

He was well compensated!

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 1 month later...