Subscriptions & Donations ×

New member (Legend KB1 owner) saying hi!

AndyF

Hi.

New member here. I'm the proud owner of an 08 Legend KB1. She's (yes, she's a she!) still in great condition for a 16 year old car and I've pampered her over the years with lots of TLC, including a full detail (see before and after pics attached), but she's starting to show a few signs of her age now, so I'll be looking for some advice from any other Legend (or generally Honda) owners.

Question 1:

Does anyone know of any reliable mechanics with knowledge and experience of the Legend, preferably in the North West of England (though I'm willing to travel to the right person)? I've recently taken the car to a local Honda Dealer for a full service but, to be honest, they've made things worse. At one point, I had to explain to them what the warning lights on the dash meant. Not great for inspiring confidence! A simple side light bulb change resulted in me losing the AFS, CMBS and VSA systems. Fortunately, they managed to remedy those issues, but introduced some new ones in the process. There's a list of four or five things now that need sorting out. I'm willing to pay the right person to get to the bottom of them, but I'm very wary of taking it to anyone who doesn't know the KB1. The car is at the stage now where I either need to invest a little more into it to maintain it at the level I want, or admit defeat and move on. Which leads on to:

Question 2:

After owning a KB1, what other car can offer the same kind of experience in terms of performance, handling, general comfort and overall safety? Would love to hear other ex-Legend owners' opinions.

Looking forward to being around here and sharing our passion for top class engineering!

legend1.jpglegend2.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators

Welcome to H6nda  !!

There are quite few Legend current owners on here so hopefully one of them may be able to help out.

Expect a response shortly  😂😂😂

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, hughezee said:

dealers are clueless as you found out...🙄

Sadly true! I think I was lucky in that the dealers I first took it to had a mechanic whose family had a Legend so he was used to it. No-one since then unfortunately.

I was thinking that since the technology introduced on the KB1 (CMBS, LKAS etc) has filtered through to the CRV etc that the mechanics might be able to transfer their knowledge.

So maybe I don't need a KB1 expert as such, just an experienced, now independent, ex- Honda person.

Who do you guys trust with your cars?

• Like 1