Subscriptions & Donations ×

Current drain flattening battery. 2004 Elision

Peterb

A recent fault draing the car battery has developed.  It is associated with fuse 2 in the footwell. This fuse seems to power the nav system, the interior lights and the side door auto close.  Are these functions all controlled by one unit.  Any suggestions welcome (apart from scrapping it!).

• Moderators

I see you found the thread re my Elysion power drain. 

Not sure why your power close is operating off that interior light fuse as the current draw is massive and the door has its own fuse in the engine compartment. 

Are you sure the battery is up to scratch as the door system draws a lot of amps...might be set so it can't open the door on low power.  The other possibility is that the circuit controls a solenoid/ relay for the door, hooked to that circuit. 

I tracked mine down to the interior lights / central "keep doors unlocked" control but no further, suspect the auto delay on the lights interior off,,, job on the to do list.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  Battery is good and been checked with a fast discharge meter.  I was surprised about the power close disappearing as well.  My conclusion was that the controller was the problem. It looks to be intermittent now as we called in an auto electrician and he didn't find any current drain. Head scratching all round!

WRT the Interior lights/ central keep doors unlocked, any idea where that control is located? I'm not talking about the dashboard controls but the black box behind them.

• Like 2

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Peterb said:

WRT the Interior lights/ central keep doors unlocked, any idea where that control is located? I'm not talking about the dashboard controls but the black box behind them.

Haven't tracked that down yet, also wondered if the card reader is part of the problem..the one located down near the sliding door main switches. I was thinking on discon that as its of no use to us in this country 

• Like 1