Subscriptions & Donations ×

Emissions and possible ULEZ Exemption

Darren

Hi all,

I read this article https://global.honda/en/newsroom/news/2004/4040513-elysion-eng.html, which suggests that the Honda Elysion was ahead of its time in terms of emissions. 

My 2004 3.0L doesn't appear to be exempt from ULEZ or the other city schemes in the UK and abroad due to year it is registered opposed to its emission output.

Has anyone successfully found a way to get around this? Perhaps with the DVLA etc? My V5C contains little information about the vehicle, presumably because it's an import vehicle.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

In addition, does anyone have the missing V5C information I am referring to?

Kind regards,

Darren 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Same here, my 3 litre 2004 model is not exempt either 😭😭😭...

On the other hand I won't be going anywhere near any of the current no go zones....

When you say missing V5c information,  what specifically? The only reason it's missing is the importers tend not to fill in the awkward stuff on the registration applications.... and the dvla doesn't chase them up.

My V5c just says it's a Honda !,,, no Elysion model in sight...what it does refer to is zero emissions.  However, the dvla treat all imports as "zero" and tax them via the engine size...even ones built after 2001.

This taxation state probably means the ULEZ , and the like, view it as an "old motor" and therefore not exempt....

Missing info from the V5C, compared to my Honda Jazz at least, are things like CO2 (g/km) mainly. 

Now that I've read the article I shared I want to seek a way to have my Elysion exempt from these emission zone charges because clearly its a cleaner vehicle than many that would be exempt from charges.

I'm planning on using the Elysion in Europe as well, which in France I think I need to get a Crit' Air Sticker. Based on age the Ely would be given a 3 when it realistically a 2.

Was just wondering if anyone with the knowledge and tenacity had managed to do something about it and wouldn't mind haring it with he community.

Thanks

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Darren said:

Missing info from the V5C, compared to my Honda Jazz at least, are things like CO2 (g/km) mainly. 

Now that I've read the article I shared I want to seek a way to have my Elysion exempt from these emission zone charges because clearly its a cleaner vehicle than many that would be exempt from charges.

Have a look at this , its about making the CO2 count on imported vehicles don't think you will be able to convince the dvla but good luck, keep us posted.

https://insidedvla.blog.gov.uk/2017/03/31/new-vehicle-tax-rules-how-imported-vehicles-are-affected/

Some other stuff here, bit older but worth reading the posted comments/  questions too.

https://andrewsjapanesecars.com/japanese-import-car-tax/