Subscriptions & Donations ×

Is second generation of computer system gps is going to fit my 2004 Elysion?

sushi21

Hi All,

Let me present myself first.
I'm from Moncton, NB Canada and I own a 2004 Elysion V6 for a couple of years now.

We started to have some issues couple of weeks ago with console having hard time to start or screen going on and off here and there.
Noticing, the hard drive was starting to make a weird noise.
Long story short the hard drive is dead now. 

So now I'm looking to find just the files (Not sure if I can even find that only) and just replace the hard drive or find the full computer online.
I'm finding more system for the 2007 than 2004.

When I look at the picture and connection behind, it seems to be the exact same one.

I just see one difference in the part number 

DBA-RR3 39540SJKJ01 vs DBA-RR3 39540SJKJ02.

My question is, do you guys know if it's going to fit my car?
With the shipping and everything is can be a little bit expensive (an again I'm only looking for the hard drive that's it)

So it would be kind of disappointing to spend that money if it doesn't fit.

Or crazier question. Is there anywhere on the web where I would be able to find just the hard drive,

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers and your help.

• Moderators

Hi there,  welcome to H6nda  !!!

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to replace?

Do you have the original sat nav radio system from Japan???

Here in the UK that Japanese system is not fully functional and most opt to take it out and replace it with a European type system..or certainly add things like radio expanders etc. The sat nav does not work at all here.

If you are thinking of replacing the original jap system with the later version I think it will be a suck it and see situation..

Hi!

Thanks for your answer.

So yes, I have the original sat nav radio from Japan.
And same as you, the radio frequency is not the same, gps is stuck in japan etc.

But that was good enough for me to use my music using a little Bluetooth FM transmitter, and also enjoy the rear camera or play some CDs.

But this nav system is running on an Operating System that is stored on a 20GB HardDrive.
And that HardDrive just died in my car. So because the hard drive is dead. Nothing is working anymore (I don't have the rear camera, the time, and I can't listen to music anymore)

So really I would need only to replace that hard drive (which I can probably easily find on ebay) but the more problematic is to find the actual files and file system that are on the hard drive to run the operating system for that nav radio system.

That's why I'm looking for an original system (really I don't care about the system, I just want the hard drive.) 
And looking only I can see a couple of those for sales, but they are not exactly, exactly the same serial number.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ah, OK, I see where you are going.

I couldn't say if the newer system would work with the older kit but I would say I can forsee a world of hurt if just one file is different from the original. 

Presumably you can't use the control gear on the dash either ? Well, most of it ?

What about advertising a wanted request in the local media ???  You never know who may have pulled the bits out of their vehicle to replace it.

Alternatively,  what about ditching the system and replacing it with something else??? Someone has mentioned in the past using an Odyssey unit...