Subscriptions & Donations ×

Seat covers/floor mats

Jake

Has anyone here fitted seat covers/floor mats in their Elysion? We have a dog who malts a lot and I can see the carpeted interior becoming extremely hairy!

Any links/recommendations for compatible seat covers/dog mats for the boot area would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Jake said:

Has anyone here fitted seat covers/floor mats in their Elysion? We have a dog who malts a lot and I can see the carpeted interior becoming extremely hairy!

Any links/recommendations for compatible seat covers/dog mats for the boot area would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Not fitted seat covers but suggest you use the phrase " get down , Shep "  !!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 "malts a lot" is worrying...has he been to a vet for that ???😜😜😜😜😜😜

Mats ?          Well, floor mats all round in my Elly I used some generic mats just getting the biggest I could off the net...I also got the three seat rear floor version, a sort of two mats either side joined in the middle by a wide strip, usually for MPV type vehicles...bearing in mind when I got my Elysion there were very few around...I expect someone may have produced specific mats now...by the way avoid the " universal fit, fits Honda Elysion " 'cos they don't  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.....usually a long way from acceptable....ask me how I know !!!! 

The best mats will be "custom fitted" , usually correct to the specific vehicle.

I got a set of carpet type for the summer and some rubber type for the winter muddy day syndrome. 

In the rear load area I bought a mat for the Accord Tourer, around 2003/4/5/6 years...when the Elysion rear and middle seats are fully forward the mat fits to about 6 inches short to the seat.  It's pretty close to the contours in the rear end of the Elysion...not perfect but perfectly adequate.!!!!!!

Short of that, go find the local carpet supplier or interior car mat supplier and see if they can do bespoke for you.  I have done that before on unusual none mainstream cars....they usually then ask you to do a cardboard template...got the card off them as they use it to create the first of a line of mats before turning them into metal templates !!!!!!

Check out these guys,  sizes further down the advert...maybe worth a call ?? For a CRV...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203685623047

Thanks, some great advice there!

After posting this I called round a few places and found a company called Rhino who reckon they can make a custom ‘boot liner’ if I send them some photos & measurements. They’ve quoted me a reasonable price so I’m going to give them a go. Will report back! They also do seat covers so I might give them a try for that too. Alternatively, I also found another place (can’t remember the name right now) who do seat covers which are advertised as being for Elysions so I’m going to give them a call. 

😀

• Like 1

• Moderators

Is that Rhino Automotive?? 

I know they do some good rubber mats..."mpv" style too.

Funnily enough my Accord boot mat in the Elysion is in need of replacement, Triggers broom style,  five years down the line and two mats in !!!! So I will be interested to see how you get on.

I presume you are going rubber in the load area ???

Re seat covers, they always look crap unless they are specifically for the vehicles..actually still look crap but useful for the task of keeping dog hairs off and such ???...don't the seat covers still get dog hairs on 🤔