Subscriptions & Donations ×

Elysion top brake light

Teaura

• The title was changed to Elysion top brake light
  • Moderators

Hi and welcome to H6nda!

You don't say what model Elysion you have but here is a diagram of the RR1 to RR4 version.  I think they are sealed units but you need to remove the top interior panel on the inside of the tailgate to get access...possible that the side panels come off first.. its a while since I took interior panels off for access to the reg plate light but I did end up removing additional panels as they are interlinked with plastic lugs.

I would try levering the interior trim at the rear of the light panel with nylon trim removers first, gently lift a small amount to see if linked to side panels...they are just push clips into the metal tailgate, to secure the panels.

Looking at the diagram it appears that the light unit is secured separately to the outer reflectors....looks to a sealed unit though....

Let us know how you get on.

16921695923103972346063689265951.png

Hi removed interior plastic trim and still no fixing to be seen. found a replacement light online and it looks like it is screwed into the rear cowling above the light, I removed the two 10mm bolts each side and top cowl was lose both sides but securly fix in center and no fixings to be seen , maybe plastic concealed  body  pins, just don't want to force it. any ideas??

• Sad 1

• Moderators

Hmm, having never dismantled that bit I couldn't say.

Can you see the wire connector inside the interior trim ? Or the wiring going through the tailgate to the outside ?

If not that would suggest it's in the spoiler then maybe out the top of the tailgate ?

That spoiler is obviously removable,  the two 10mm bolts from each side are out so can you see any bolt covers inset into the top plastic of the spoiler, in the centre,  perhaps ? 

I suspect the spoiler and the light are integrated into one from what you say so the spoiler must come off first.

Will see if I can find a diagram for that / have a gander at mine when I get a chance later today.

I've sussed it, found photo of spoiler behind  on parts page for sale and there are slide out slots on it and plastic body securing pins, so remove both p10 mm bolts and standing at rear push spoiler to the left, I will try in the next few days as Honda is at a garage, have ordered a new LED light as mine has a few blown ones a water in it so fail road worthy test, will keep you updated, many thanks for your help

• Clap Hands 1