Subscriptions & Donations ×

'00 Accord Coupe Alarm Problems

Hi guys, i'm looking for some help with my alarm on my coupe.

The car's horn and lights will randomly go off throughout the day/night, and has been doing so for the last couple of weeks.

Checked the battery condition, all fine. 

Also had it in at an auto electricians who couldn't find anything obvious, but I have seen there's been others on this forum with similar issues.

I'm currently resorting to simply disconnecting the battery every time the car isn't being driven, and reconnecting it when I take it out (which is ok currently as the car is only being used on the weekends).

What would you guys suggest? I know some people will disconnect the alarm horn, however i'd ideally like a more permanent solution to not worry about the battery draining.

Would disconnecting the bonnet latch switch be the best way? If so, how hard is this to do?

Any advice would be great, as I'm not the most mechanically inclined!!

Dan

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 7/27/2023 at 10:13 AM, dangrant77 said:

Would disconnecting the bonnet latch switch be the best way? If so, how hard is this to do?

Hi Dan sorry to hear of your alarm troubles, there is a connector on the latch to the switch which fails due to corrosion. Anyway, if you still need assistance I will post some pictures or check out the post below.🤞

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...