Subscriptions & Donations ×

I'm thinking of buying an Elysion!

RuthJordinson

Hi all, I'm new here and really need some advice. I test drove a 60 plate 3.5 V6 yesterday with 83000 miles on the clock, and I absolutely love the car. I guess I just need some reassurance! My 1st question would be what MPG should I expect as I've seen many conflicting views, but can't find any actual MPG? The other worry (and my main worry) is parts and availabiliy. If there was a problem with the engine for example, how, where and how long would it take to source a replacement part? 

Any other advice or things to look out for or to question, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 🤩

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Hello and welcome to the H6nda club !!👍👍

Sounds like you have already bought the car in your head !!!  And why not !!!

83k miles is nothing to these engines as long as they have been looked after.,,,is it a fresh import ? Or already registered and owned by someone in the UK ?

60 plate is 2010 or 2011 so probably one of the last couple or years of the Japanese made Elysion ...presumably it is actually a 60 plate and not an earlier version miss registered..there are a few around.

MPG,  well don't expect a lot, pretty heavy vans but I would guess around 20 /22 in stop start motoring, at least 30mpg on a run...combined perhaps around 24/25.. just depends on how hard you drive 🤣🤣🤣

My 3.0 litre version can be about 22 ish around town but I have seen less, 😜😜 usually when fully loaded...had mid 30s eight up on the motorway...

Parts, well, again just depends on what you are needing, I have had mine over 5 years and despite some hiccups I usually find what I need , Cox Honda motorparts is a good resource, Amayama.com in Japan supply just about anything...they have a good parts diagram facility too.

After someone ran in the side of mine nearly two years ago I managed to source as new body parts in the UK plus bits from Japan, taking just a few days to get here.

The one problem everyone has is suspension as in shocks, bush's no problem but shocks are in short supply as I discovered recently.  However, Tein came to the rescue,  other Elysion owners have also experienced minimal problems too.

If you want a mundane ride go buy an Ford Galaxy, if you want quality and a great car get your money out and get an Elysion  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣