Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Door Mirror & Rear Bumper…

Torogo

My 3L Aubergine coupe has been in the wars a bit of late. A psycho BMW took out my O/S door mirror at a traffic calming pinch point (mirror crazed, case cracked), then a Volvo estate punctured the corner of the rear bumper by backing into it. With the roof and bonnet lacquer finally starting to peel after 22year I am grappling with the idea of a full respray (makes no economic sense, I know, but car’s too good to give up on!). I’m based in west Berkshire; does anyone have a good mirror glass/ drivers side mirror assy / rear bumper skin - that could be made available? Thanks, Torogo

• Sad 2

• Moderators

If the case of the mirror is just cracked , as you say, can it not be repaired ? The glass can usually be replaced with an after market glass replacement..just check the reflection is good though, spend a bit more money than the bottom of the range stuff though !!

Most bodyshops can usually do something to help...same with the bumper. 

It's all just plastic stuff which can be successfully repaired with a bit of time and care...if you are having the car painted anyway it would be worth getting the bodyshop guys to have a look.

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Torogo said:

My 3L Aubergine coupe has been in the wars a bit of late

So sorry to hear this 😦 if you are up to a trip to H6 HQ in Burton on Trent I would be more than happy to supply and fit some good used parts, unfortunately, they're in black not purple.

Drop me a message if your interested, cheers

• Clap Hands 1

• The title was changed to Accord Coupe Door Mirror & Rear Bumper…
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Torogo said:

Thanks Guys, appreciate that hot pinning is a repair option, but if the economics stack-up, I’ d rather put unmolested plastic back on there ahead of a full repaint - and a pilgrimage to H6 HQ no hardship in one of Honda’s finest!

Good call !!!!!

• Like 2