Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Sliding Doors Problems

Doug

Hi all I have a 2007 honda elysion, now the 2 sliding doors are playing up big time, one door won't close at all tried doing it automatically & manually and it just won't budge the other door just won't open at all. Any help advice please as I need my car to go hospital 

• Sad 2

• Moderators

Hi Doug,

Welcome to the H6nda club !

Don't forget to post some pics up too 😉

Is the Elysion new to you? Back to dealer, maybe?  ...assuming that you have not bought it privately, of course.

Other than that check the fuel flap is closed properly as that has safety device interlocking opening the door on that side. Also I understand there is also some sort of interlock on opening rear window..the ones behind the rear doors, not on the doors.

Other obvious ones to look for are the seat belt caught in the door that won't close or even the door you can't open ??

Are the doors trying to open or close electronically?? I mean do they attempt to move then stop ??

If not, have you checked the fuse situation ???

Have you tried with the engine running,  in park....by the way if the autobox is in anything other than park there is a possibility the rear doors are disengaged from opening...think that might be programmable. 

• Thanks 1

First of all both back side doors don't even try to attempt to move at all, petrol flap has always been closed I have also checked fuse & because I don't know which is for what I checked them all, tried it also with vehicle running still problem remains the same but I have notice that the passenger back side door which I believe the bracket for the door was loose before it started to play up. however before these doors problems my radio along with reversing camera sometimes it turns off & it's comes back on but lately it's been off & no I didn't buy it privately. I have reser the car also and still don't fix the problem.

Can't post photos now as its now night time in my country

Kind Regards 

Doug

• Moderators

Hi Doug, 

From your description it sounds like a power failure, particularly as the radio / camera has gone off too.

Has the jap radio been replaced at all? Dashboard been out?

One thing I have come across before is after I had replaced the door fuse in the front fuse box, big 40amp job, the door would not close on power. Checked fuse all OK, disconnected the battery for half an hour and when it was reconnected everything worked again.  It seemed like the door ecu / solenoids must have gone out of synch somehow.   Disconnecting the battery ,let everything power down and reset.  Is that what you meant in your last comment "reset" or "reser" as you wrote? 

• Like 1

Yes indeed reset the car in order to have jap GPS working again do I have reversing camera but it only works for so long before it cuts out again & not that I'm aware of to me nothing been taken out no dashboard or radio it I'd all jap

• Moderators

OK, you said you checked the fuses, not being funny, just asking for the complete picture !!!!    did that include the individual 40amp ones under the bonnet ??

Can you check the voltage feed to those fuses ??

Have you managed to get an error code report off the Elysion??

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Honda Elysion Sliding Doors Problems