Subscriptions & Donations ×

Service items for 2004 Elysion 3.0 V6

Darren

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for some help picking up service items for my Ely 3.0v6 2004, as it's due a service now.

Oil currently in it is Mobil Super 2000 10W40, although a replacement air filter and oil filter wouldn't go a miss. 

If anybody knows where I can pick up the correct parts (oil, air filter and oil filter) to do a self-service, I would be hugely grateful.

I haven't contacted Honda, as I haven't found them particularly useful in the past.

Thank you in advance.

P.S: I don't mind spending extra on higher quality items, as I intend to keep the car for the long-term.

• Like 2

Hi,

Cox Honda i get all my service items find them really good you can order everything online and very helpful if you need a part number, The oil i put in the ely is MOBIL 1 ESP 5W30 FULLY SYNTHETIC ENGINE OIL Get the 5 litre one, Ely only takes 4 but you will have a spare litre during service intervals to top up if needed

• Like 2

• Moderators

Not found a suitable aftermarket air filter yet for the 3.0. So bought genuine from Cox Honda...the ones I have seen being fitted on YouTube are not correct, they are too thick and slightly the wrong shape.

As St123 says 5-30 stuff good call or 10/40 semi.... well, I am back on the semisythetic from Napa, (tradetec valvoline of the past)...it lasts the course between changes and never uses any.  The 0-20 full synthetic are too "thin" for this engine in my opinion but just about anything is suitable. !!!  I used to run my S2000 on oil recommended for diesels...as a lot of the S2K boys did, no burning,  no loss, stayed the course.. each to his own, for oil, guess.

Oil filter, I use the S2000,  NSX filter 15400 pcx 306

Check out page 5 and 6 of this link,,current situation/ discussion 

Cabin filters, check here for my latest type in use currently....seems to be good.  

Plugs...currently on NGK IZFR6K 11. Have a look here, others are available  !!!!

Don't forget the PS and brake fluid, I use Honda PS fluid and just standard brake fluid, carlube or the like.

Gearbox needs a filter and fluid too....check here for info.  Current fluid we are using is the Amsol signature as recommended by our guru Stu on here !!

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for this guys. Really appreciate the steer on this

I would like to keep using the semi-s oil 10w40, as the car hasn't skipped a beat. So, if Napa is potentially better than mobil, could you provide a link so I can stock up on this?

Lastly, can a fuel filter be easily changed on the 3.0? If so where might I find a filter? These aren't stocked with Cox Honda.

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

You're welcome ,

Napa stuff is usually available through the local trade outlets but many of these will sell to "none trade" over the counter . 

Just got to be bold and ask, the worst they can say is,  NO  !!!!!!

Failing that any semi synthetic 10/40 is good...the usual named oils....Valvoline, Castrol, Shell, etc

The Napa stuff was Tradetec previously,  you will often find it in use in the local garages for the servicing of just about any engine 🤣🤣...got a friendly guy in one then just ask !! 20 litre drum is the minimum by the way in trade but they do have it in 5 and 1  litre in some retail outlets. 

Ebay have this on..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154727983719 if you can't get locally, might be cheaper with a bit of a search.

Napa info https://www.napa-oil.co.uk/product/10w-40-ss-premium/ ....can search for a stockist in your area from this link.

Fuel filter is in the tank, I wouldn't worry about it unless you think the Elysion is struggling fuel supply wise...????

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Darren said:

Thanks.

I've ordered the 20ltr drum as this is clearly cost effective.

Meanwhile I found the following HAMP filter https://japansparkplugs.com/boutique/en/filters/1714-h1540-rta-003.html in my spares bin. Would this filter fit the Ely? Just want to be sure before I get down and dirty!

Cheers

That filter is the standard filter for most Honda models, it will fit as the lands on the motor are the same and the rubber seal diameters ( i checked that as a matter of interest, same), just smaller capacity than the S2k/NSX filter geared for the bigger motors, higher output stuff.

Just change it more often I think was the advice at one time .

Don't forget to change the sump plug washer,  very soft so unless you know it was changed last time....they are good for a couple of changes but after a leak on my S2k some years ago I change them everytime now.

• Like 2