Subscriptions & Donations ×

2030. New Farm vehicles plus hgv banned ?

PTR200S

• Moderators

Got to thinking, as you do !, about new working vehicles being banned in 2030.

Cars obviously are the main target but a working vehicle such as a van is also banned....so what about tractors, combines, loaders, diggers, fork lifts, dump trucks, artics etc plus other machines that are used commercially?

I can't see anything to say they are banned too in favour of electric vehicles. The government was talking about artics at on stage but , again, can't see anything now.

Then of course there is stuff like lawnmowers, strimmer, hedge cutters, blowers etc..that are very much in the lives of everyday folk.

I have a number of electric garden implements but they are nowhere near as good as an ice piece of equipment....my strimmers for instance, apart from 240 volt stuff consist of an 18v battery version, a 72 volt battery version and a Honda cowhorn petrol strimmer.

Guess which one I use when the going is tough..??? Yep, the Honda!! The battery stuff is OK for average cutting but nothing ev beats the petrol...the same applies to my hedge cutters, 2 x 18v, 1 x 72v and a two-stroke...when it gets tough the two-stroke beats them all....and my chainsaws....electric and two-stroke....same thing.

Mowers? Same problem, the battery or electric are not good enough...ice all the way.

Don't get me wrong each has its place but if I had to rely on battery stuff nothing would be done as well as the ice gear.

So, back to the main point....will we have to have an electric tractor ?   HGV ? 

Anyone know???