Subscriptions & Donations ×

Water in the reversing lights !

PTR200S

• Moderators

Arghh, got water in the lenses of reversing light..presumably that means water everywhere in the tailpiece light fitting.

Any tips for removing the panel without busting it ??  I am sure I have seen a thread somewhere.....

• Sad 2

• Administrators
On 3/2/2022 at 3:40 PM, PTR200S said:

Any tips for removing the panel without busting it ??  I am sure I have seen a thread somewhere.....

I think this is what you are looking for Pete, however, if there's water inside the cluster it could be the lens separating from the backing or the 0-ring around the keyhole has failed?

• Like 2

• Moderators

Thanks Kingkong, that looks easy enough !!! Bet everything is rusty !!!

As I am off tomorrow so its on the list I think,  after the 04 plate Jazz gets its new rear hub bearings and drop links fitted 😛

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, hughezee said:

I think this is what you are looking for Pete, however, if there's water inside the cluster it could be the lens separating from the backing or the 0-ring around the keyhole has failed?

Thanks , knew I had seen it somewhere, I even commented on it in 2017,,,,long time ago, slept since !!

At that time mine was OK, but not anymore 😭

Need to spray my nuts I think 🤪🤪🤪  don't want them dropping off !!

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 4:40 PM, PTR200S said:

Arghh, got water in the lenses of reversing light..presumably that means water everywhere in the tailpiece light fitting.

My apologies i misread your message. Though you where asking how to remove the tailight. As for not busting it i think would be difficult to do so. The piece is quite sturdy. When i removed mine after removing the bolts i just gently push from inside on each threads to make it slightly pop-out then grab it and removed it. Should come off really easely. Thing you may notice ( or hopefuly not ) is the holes on the trunk panel where the tailights threads goes in may be rusty and even start decomposing, if so take the occasion while it's disassembled and treat it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1