Subscriptions & Donations ×

Shock Absorbers

hylton1806

Good afternoon all , I am new to this group and forum and would be interested in finding out where would the best place be to look for full set of the above. I would be also interested in where to get a pair of rear brake back plates from.I look forward to hearing from anybody who can help.

Many thks Hylton.

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 8/15/2021 at 4:12 PM, hylton1806 said:

Good afternoon all , I am new to this group and forum and would be interested in finding out where would the best place be to look for full set of the above.

Welcome to the club Hylton, my recommendation would be KYB shocks all around and also consider you might need other related suspension parts, the 2.0 coupe and 3.0 will interchange. Anyway assuming you do not need any else like top mounts, bushes, bump stops, new springs and just the shocks? I would suggest the German website autodoc for well priced parts (customer service not brilliant) I hope that helps.👍

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/shock-absorber-10221/honda/accord/accord-vi-coupe-cg/10240-3-0-v6-24v-cg2

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 8/15/2021 at 4:12 PM, hylton1806 said:

I would be also interested in where to get a pair of rear brake back plates from.I look forward to hearing from anybody who can help.

The rear splash shields for the brakes are becoming hard to find now, I purchased mine from the USA but they're no longer available. The USA part numbers are 43253-S4K-305 & 43254-S4K-305 maybe you might get lucky on eBay.com?🤞

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Welcome aboard Hylton! ;):D

Well for my sins have aquired an Xreg 2ltr that so far has required 2 front shockers but now needs some TLC.Still have the volvo its such a useful car being the estate don`t want to get shot of it yet.

Hylton.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Surprisingly i've transported 2x 10' lengths of worktop in an Accord Coupe - previous gen to yours and was the 2.2i ES but the back seats went down and it was an amzingly long load deck with the passenger seat reclined! Just about perfect for the worktops!

DIfficult putting bulky items in the Accord (or even my other beast where the back seats also go down) so i still have my Volvo estate too.