Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Odyssey RA6 -RA9 no Brake Lights, gear selector Stuck in Park

hughezee

• Moderators

That's interesting, a number of Elysion owners have had gear selector problems,  unable to get out of park, difficulties moving the gear lever generally.  I don't know if they ever found the brake switch possibility though, i know a couple were pulling gear mechs apart !!!!........usual face ache entries though....wonder if it was  the brake switch in their case???    Faceache with sweet fa search facility. so cant check much better on a website !!

• Like 2

• Administrators

I am not 100% sure if the push button on the side of the gear lever selector on elysion is locked until the brake pedal is pressed or not, I've never tried it? The oddy doesn't have any buttons on the selector lever, I know the Accord coupe selector isn't locked and you can select any gear without any brake pedal input or even without the engine running.😉

• Like 1

• Moderators

Its definitely an ignition on and squeeze a big chrome button on the side of the lever in order to shift gears.  Perhaps the brake has something to do in there as well, never tried it without the brake on...

• Like 1