Subscriptions & Donations ×

VSA light.

MikeJM

Hi, I had the VSA light appear on the dash with the engine warning light. Stopped stared again and the light went off but the engine light is staying on. I'm going to see if a garage can run a diagnostic on it tomorrow but has anyone experienced this.

Mike

• Like 3

• Moderators

Re the VSA problem, it may well be a wheel sensor problem.  VSA light comes on when it detects a system problem and may well illuminate the engine check light too as an abs sensor is not sending speed signals to the ecu.

I presume that you have pressed the VSA button again, its not just been turned off manually?  

Sometimes pressing and holding the button will reset the system as well.

Also try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if it resets the system on reconnection. 

Worth while checking to see all the wheel sensor wires are still connected and / or disconnecting and cleaning the contacts for same. Has any work been done on the car ? Wheels / tyre change, suspension adjustment ?

Did you change the brake pads you enquired about ? Disturbed something??

A worthwhile investment is a code reader / reset tool , too !!! Otherwise  a lot of guesswork!

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Hopefully just a sensor playing up.

I had this on my old 7th gen diesel and was the Bosch unit blown.

A recall on this unit and was replaced under warranty.

I think the fault code was 66.1 from memory 

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 5/11/2021 at 7:43 PM, MikeJM said:

I had the VSA light appear on the dash with the engine warning light

Think member @PTR200S has you covered, VSA can randomly flag a light and nothing more for weeks or months, could even be a bad battery or bad earth, hope you get it diagnosed correctly either way.🖐️

13 hours ago, Brett said:

I had this on my old 7th gen diesel and was the Bosch unit blown.

I still have nightmares about pressure switch faults, the number of times I have refurbished pumps back only to fail within days, another reason why I ditched weasels...
😆

• Like 3