Subscriptions & Donations ร—

Honda Odyssey RA6 2000-2003 Tow Bar

hughezee

• Administrators

Following another towbar job, I decided to tackle the odyssey towbar install, bumper removed and crash bar removed and fully degreased the area and sorted any hidden minor rust spots under the paint, treated and primed and painted...

20200621-191822.jpg20200621-192144.jpg

More pictures coming soon ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Brett said:

Good stuff buddy

While the wiring colours are fresh in my mind mate ๐Ÿคฃ also just test fitted the bar and panicked a little as it didn't look right, looking closely at the welds it was angled in places. Anyway, after getting the tape measure out, it lines up perfectly with the centre of the car, testament to the people at Watling Engineers as it was so easy too fit.๐Ÿ‘

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

While the wiring colours are fresh in my mind mate ๐Ÿคฃ also just test fitted the bar and panicked a little as it didn't look right, looking closely at the welds it was angled in places. Anyway, after getting the tape measure out, it lines up perfectly with the centre of the car, testament to the people at Watling Engineers as it was so easy too fit.๐Ÿ‘

Nice one, is the bumper just popped on with standard trim studs(10mm?) plusย a few screws dotted here and there, under the arches/tailgate?

With you there, Stu !,ย  ย had a few "moments" and sharp intake of breath, when I did the Elysion !!

Do you need to cut the bumper? or does the bar come nicely underneath it?

It does seem to be that Watling guys have got it cracked, also any problems and they are there to speak to as well, full confidence in their own product.

• Like 3

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

is the bumper just popped on with standard trim studs(10mm?) plusย a few screws dotted here and there, under the arches/tailgate?

Basically like any 2003+ Honda bumper, in fact, exactly like a 7th gen Accord saloon which was the other car I was working on, x2 10mm bolts at the top and x2 8mm retainers in the arches and remove the mudguard screws and x2ย  trim clip from underneath and carefully unclip from the sides and under the lights and unplug reversing sensors and corner sensors and its off, plus had to take off the fog light I fitted.

20 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Do you need to cut the bumper? or does the bar come nicely underneath it?

I will have to cut the bumper a little, no biggy though...

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

With you there, Stu !,ย  ย had a few "moments" and sharp intake of breath, when I did the Elysion !!

Didn't help the fact the kit on the 7th gen lined up perfect and even straightened out some minor accident damage when I permanently fitted it ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜†

20200619-112245.jpg
20200620-141238.jpg

ย 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Wouldn't worry about overdoingย  the rust stuff.....should have seen mine before I put the bumper back ! Shares in Bilt Hamber required !

Looking good Stu,ย  have you any pics of theย  bar mounts underneath? Does it bolt through the chassis or on it , if you understand what I mean? Just curious

• Like 2

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Looking good Stu,ย  have you any pics of theย  bar mounts underneath? Does it bolt through the chassis or on it , if you understand what I mean? Just curious

Yeah, I get ya, it came complete as one L shape bar o.s rear part went into the chassis leg, the n.s utilized the towing hoop thread, no bars underneath like I fitted to the accord, very easy by comparison.

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Nice job there especially doing all the little bits to make sure it stays that way too, quality work, that man...๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Have you tested it yetย ๐Ÿ˜„

No not yet, been working on others motors ๐Ÿ™„

• Like 4