Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Odyssey RA6 2000-2003 Steering Pump Leak Repair

hughezee

• Administrators

With a very recent part power steering fluid change (fluid almost running clear now) and this hot weather started to hear an odd noise and noticed the fluid was above the max level eeek. Anyway, further investigation revealed the pump had spunk a leak at the back but to be honest it was leaking when I got the car same as the other RA6 I had at the time and after a few fluid changes the leak went away on both motors. However age, miles had caught up with me in the end and ordered some new seals and the fluid level is stable and the pump is purring away nicely and no sign of a leak now.

20180628-183835.jpg20180628-183112.jpg20180628-183130.jpg20180628-183118.jpg20180628-183833.jpg

The "O" rings are all different sizes and you can easily identify where they go and the ones I needed where X1 91345-PGM-003, X1 91346-PGM-003, X2 91340-PGM-003, X1 91349-PGM-003 for the connector part. 

Any questions just ask 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators

Still got a bit of a weep on the Elysion...noticed the fliud level low, 5mm below the max mark , so topped it up...done that twice now over a couple of months but then noticed at the MOT yesterday that the level was above the max mark on reservoir whilst hot and running.

Should the levels on these engines / pumps be checked when hot?

With no owners manual in eennngglish maybe the odyssey same ?

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Should the levels on these engines / pumps be checked when hot?

The fluid changes viscosity when hot and the PAS fluid reservoir looks like a whirlpool when the engine is running and it does whip up around the edges of the reservoir to give the impression its overfilled, so I would say its best checked 20 minutes after the car has been used. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Honda Odyssey RA6 2000-2003 Steering Pump Leak Repair