Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Odyssey RA6 2000-2003 Roof Rail Mod

hughezee

• Administrators

Well after a allot of faffing & fiddling managed to get the roof rails off the Shuttle RA1 project to fit the Odyssey RA6, wasn't a straight swap as I originally had hoped,  but its done now and at least I can utilize the roof space with the roof box for Holidays or family days out.?

20180511-134753%5B1%5D.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

Do you have roof bars too? ( Cross rails, no, not trains ! )

Or does the box fit straight on the roof rails?......the rails look suspiciously like the rails on my tourer.?   

How far off fitting were they? Did you modify the mounts?

• Like 2

• Administrators

All but 2 bolts each side the rest lined up fine so I had to make up a couple of brackets to secure them, also the roof gutter cover strips (stainless steel) were totally different to the shuttle so had to cut the existing ones to accommodate. I have some cross bars ready to fit on and looking forward to testing them out now, although I can lift myself up on them so all good.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Honda Odyssey RA6 2000-2003 Roof Rail Mod
  • 11 months later...

Hello hughezee,

I would like to put the rails on my Honda Odyssey RA6. I could not find any. How did you find them. 

If your ones are from another model, could you please tell me which ones are these?

What kind of modifications need to be done, if you don't mind can you please explain it to me as I am not that savvy when it comes to things like these.

Thanks

• Like 3

• Administrators

Hi there, welcome to the club, we would luv to see some pictures of your motor in this section when you get the opportunity: https://honda6.ipbhost.com/forum/248-pics-projects/ Also, why not say hello to other members in the newbie section I am sure you will get a warm welcome: https://honda6.ipbhost.com/forum/7-newbies-say-hi/

4 hours ago, CrazyYas said:

If your ones are from another model, could you please tell me which ones are these?

In regards to the roof rails as I mentioned above, I used roof rails from an RA1 model and they're not a direct fit, allot of work went into fitting these and I would only recommend it if you're experienced in this sort of thing hence why I didn't show the whole process.🖐️

• Like 2

• Administrators

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, I assume you've already taken the roof gutter strips out when you say roof rails 😗 if so you should see the mounting points sticking up two pairs of threads 3 in each gutter (see picture below). Also, some aftermarket cross roof bars will fit directly to these eliminating the need for roof rails altogether?

ra6-roof.jpg

On 4/16/2021 at 7:13 AM, CrazyYas said:

Not sure how to share pictures in this thread

Feel free to email me the pictures: hughezee@live.co.uk

• Like 2

Thanks man. Couldn't find any roof rails for RA6 or RA1 in Australia. Where did you get yours? Could you please give me some information. I want roof rails because it looks nice. I won't probably use it, it would serve more of a decorative purpose.

Regards,

Yas

• Like 3