Subscriptions & Donations ×

LED flasher indicator relay, Indicators Blinking Too Fast

hughezee

• Administrators

Well I was hoping to avoid this scenario after installing some high power LED indicator/ signal lamps but now my car thinks I have a blown bulb and the LED blinking too fast, I think its referred to as hyperflashing?  Anyway I was looking into inline resistors but it's not guaranteed to work all the time, so after looking at the spec's and thinking of modifying my current relay and then remembered these relays are known to go wrong at some point anyway, so I plugged for OEM upgrade for my 98-02 Accord Coupe from the original manufacturer of the previous version, which just so happens to be LED compatible, there are other relays that do the same job, but are actually the wrong dimensions. 

Novita Turn Signal Flasher EP34

EP34.jpg

I shall report back when its installed to see if it actually works...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Well, my new LED relay finally arrived and once fitted my hyper-hysterical indicator flashing remained, so thought I will get some decent 50w 6ohm resistors from R.S. :rolleyes:

IMG-20180315-144428.jpg

I put my old relay back in, fitted the resistors and it worked for 5mins, the relay had failed, extremely hot to the touch, put the new relay in, works great and no heat. :D 

• Confused 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Glad you got it sorted but it sounds like a short circuit somewhere!

Some people have experienced this issue with standard relays it's very small compared with the new version and after triple checking everything beforehand I can only assume it was failing anyway as they are known to go on standard bulbs...

• Like 1