Subscriptions & Donations ×

Renewing the suspension 3.0 V6 Coupe

CharlesM

I think my suspension, while generally fine, is just a bit knobbly and at 115,000 miles getting a little tired.  I'm thinking of replacing springs and dampers, the latter probably with Bilstein B4s.  Anyone have any product recommendations - my taste is for soft over hard - and experience of refreshing suspension and the results of late?

I'm a bit of a contrarian when it comes to lowering.  If it annoys the purists I'll do it (so my W114 has 5 cm lowered springs from H&R with Bilstein heavy duty shocks) but my principal concern is always ride comfort.  Sounds like a set of standard springs and Bilstein B4s for me, although I suppose to react against the spring choppers I might see about welding in a couple more coils on the existing springs...

• Like 2

• Administrators

I was a stock only man until recently and since renewing my springs and shocks it's rolled off the years considerably and my coupe rides & handles better than allot of newer cars including some with electronically adjustable suspension and takes pots holes and speed bumps with ease ;) although I do try to avoid them if I can :huh:

• Like 2

• Founding Member

This is one of the 1st mods I did on my 8th gen.

Not after market but Honda Aspec sports suspension and what a difference it has made.

Not much of a drop about 15mm and a bit firmer but it's like going into corners on a track.

At the time no after market kits were available but they are now and Iv heard great reviews on BC racing coil overs.

• Like 3