Subscriptions & Donations ×

Suggested front drop links

CharlesM

Front right and left drop links have parted company on my V6 coupe.  Honda part numbers are very helpfully listed above, but are there any other options?  I think the ECP ones look excessively cheap.

Also I picked up a bit of knocking in the track rod ends - time to change those too?  If so, any suggestions, Honda or alternative?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Blue Print definitely, not oversure on ETS as i don't think i've used them but in the past i've had good results from First Line. However, since they got involved with Borg & Beck they seem to have gone downhill and i have to confess i've not used them recently.

The parts from ECP may well indeed be Blue Print, usually if you look at all the details in their listings they will give the manufacturer of the part.

Ebay is another good source of parts, the seller "carpartssaver" or something very similar is the ebay face of ECP and very often do deals like 6 BCPR6-ES plugs for just over a tenner - extremely useful for me! ;):D Of course they also do deals on other parts although something i have found is it is often their "end of line" stock that is sold off under this alter-ego. That said when i had my Volvo i bought a full exhaust system (front pipes, intermediate, centre, over-axle pipe and back box sections) for under £100 delivered from carpartssaver whereas ECP listed the same system at nearly £200!

Go Figure! As they say round these 'ere parts! :lol:

• Like 1

The ECP ones are called Q Drive at £8.39. Much as I like inexpensive things, I suspect they are not going to be prime candidates to do the job properly!  GSF has Vetech at £14.

I've found local factors who Blue Print list as stockists - I'll see if my local garage can get hold of them for Wednesday when it goes in for an ATF change.  I'm keen not to drive around in a car with compromised handling now I know the fault exists.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

If memory serves correctly, Q-Drive is/was a brand of the now defunct Quinton Hazell, i have a feeling it is the brand used by the mob that bought out their remians when they went to the wall.

As far as the compromised handling goes, you'll be ok as long as you don't try roundabouts at 60mph but you will notice the front end is much tighter once they are done. Obviously if you have something else to drive in the meantime that would be good

• Like 1