Subscriptions & Donations ×

Water in under car mats

echocar

Truthfully I did not know where else to go. I washed my car yesterday and today I noticed that there was water under my car mats. I have the heavy duty car mats infornt and in back but noticed most of the water in the back seat foot beds and under driver and passenger. I can not figure out where it came from my seats arent wet the edge of the area where closest to the door isnt went. Any info would be appreciated. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, echocar said:

Truthfully I did not know where else to go. I washed my car yesterday and today I noticed that there was water under my car mats. I have the heavy duty car mats infornt and in back but noticed most of the water in the back seat foot beds and under driver and passenger. I can not figure out where it came from my seats arent wet the edge of the area where closest to the door isnt went. Any info would be appreciated. 

Welcome to the H6nda club !

Really need you to introduce yourself and tell us what car you have the problem with before any suggestions can be made.

Couple of thoughts though, deterioration of the pipes on the drains from the sun roof is one.

Another is leakage into the boot area from rear light seals, boot seals etc....the water inside the car then comes from braking and the water in the boot area topping the panel under the rear seat..from there it's easy to drown all carpets to the front of the car.

Another one worth looking at is the air intake into the cabin, looking for blocked drain holes in the scuttle area....

As said though need to know what vehicle you have....