Subscriptions & Donations ×

2006 Honda Elysion, rear brake light

Issue: Honda Brake Lights not illuminating when brakes applied except center bar

I have a 2006 Honda elysion where the rear center brake light illuminates properly when braking, but the other brake lights do not intensify or function correctly when the brakes are applied. They only light up with the headlights and don't seem to respond to braking.

Upon inspection, I found that all the bulbs are intact and not burnt out. However, the issue persists, which nearly resulted in a traffic ticket. Could someone help clarify what might be causing this problem? Or is it designed like that, to only use the center bar

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hi and welcome to H6nda!!!

We need pics of your ride and information about it too !!

2.4, 3 litre, 3.5 ? Any mods etc etc !!!

In regard to your questions, to answer the last first, the centre bar AND the other lights should show together.

The sockets that the bulbs engage into are possible worn or split, I have come across that before with my own 3 litre version.

Can you remove the socket and test the supply wires, for power, with a multi meter or bulb??  

Not sure on your 06 version if there is a plug and socket connection short of the holder but if so disconnect there and test.

Also check the earth wire from the socket too, again sometimes corrosion creeps in there too. 

Just as a thought, the bulbs are actual dual filament versions aren't they ????

Also worth just trying a new bulb in there in case there is an internal fault in the bulb even though the filament appears to be good.

If there are no signs of life in the supply wiring you need to head back to the fuse board and start there.