Subscriptions & Donations ×

Rear brake calipers

welland99

We don't seem to have a thread about brake calipers,  so I'm starting one.  🙂

At my last mot, I had a significant imbalance in the rear brakes on my CG4, but it still passed.  I have checked the brakes, and the pads and slide pins are all free, so I think the piston on one caliper must be tight.  I'm going back to the garage tomorrow (in advance of the next MOT, due soon), just to get it on the rollers and assess it again.  

In expectation that I will need to replace or refurbish a caliper, I am trying to make plans to get it done as smoothly as possible.  There is a place near me called Big red, who can refurbish the caliper,  but it will take them a few days.  So, I wonder if:

1) Does anybody have a spare rear caliper for a CG4 that needs a refurb?  Wondering if I might have it to get refurbished for my car,  then replace it with my own when it comes off?  Or

2) Does anybody have a good caliper to sell that I can put straight on the car?

Either option would minimise the time the car is off the road.   I know that you are all wanting to know if I need caliper for the left or right, and do do I 🤣!  I'll report back after it has been on the rollers.  

• Like 1