Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe 2.0 Upper Control Arm Ball Joint

SHF276

I've  had an advisory on my MOT for slight play in upper ball joint, off side. I had the ball joint pushed out, but now having a headache getting the right size ball joint. The control arm has S84R stamped on it, which I believe is for V6 model, (mine being a 2.0).Any ideas of the size/make of a definitive ball joint.Please

• Administrators

Hi there, the upper arms are identical between 2.0, 3.0 coupe and the upper ball joint comes back as Febi Bilstein 26276, which is 12.9 mm cone for both USA & UK models. Please note: aftermarket suppliers have a habit of glossing over things so I can't guarantee its compatibility for either model. I would normally replace the complete arm as the original ball joint wasn't intended to come out really and Honda only sold the arm complete...

Anyway I have found a pair on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1110927742  just hope there genuine Febi Bilstein parts, the bay is full of fakes 🙄

Hope that helps 👍

• Like 2

Hi, I've had the run around from aftermarket suppliers, hence me asking the question. I didn't realise the ball joint wasn't meant to be replaced, you live and learn,eh. I thank you for your time and knowledge for helping me out here, it is very much appreciated.

• Like 3

• Administrators
4 hours ago, SHF276 said:

I didn't realise the ball joint wasn't meant to be replaced

Some of the later coupes the lower ball joint was the same you had to replace the whole knuckle assembly, so I hope all goes smoothly with fitting your new ball joint. 👍

Should you need a new arm, I would suggest a Febi Bilstein 42170 or BLUEPRINT ADH28650 they are both the same part. 😉

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, SHF276 said:

Quick update: I managed to get a correct ball joint from a local and established motor store. They got me a Borg & Beck part No: BBJ 5298. £12.50 +£10 to a local garage to press it in. 👀Bargain 👍🏾

Thanks for the update, I hope the part lasts. 😉

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Accord Coupe 2.0 Upper Control Arm Ball Joint