Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Front Fog Light Housing Replacement

hughezee

• Administrators

Thought I would share a few shots of me replacing the front fog light housing on the 98-02 Accord coupe, this was an optional extra and something my coupe wasn't equipped with, so I'm getting everything prepared for the upgrade. :D

IMG_20170324_142516_zpseyimmngt.jpg

Unfortunately, due to age and mileage of our coupes the picture above is what most owners will be faced with and it can be a labour of love shall we say. :o

IMG_20170323_223947_zpsq1hkx0sa.jpg

This is one of new units sourced from our friends in China and don't think its cheap an nasty, in fact, the flaws of the old unit haven't carried over so with minor adjustments including drilling a drainage hole and sealing its ready to fit.

IMG_20170324_125345_zpsty53gze0.jpg

The disassembly process is easy to figure out but hard work nonetheless, you have been warned folks 

IMG_20170324_142553_zpsfy2bzmll.jpg

IMG_20170324_140838_zpskr3acwd7.jpg

Those seeking replacement units drop me a PM, alternatively if you looking to replace the H3 bulb check out the topic linked below. ;)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Well for those who remember my newly fitted fog lights that stopped working about 6 months after fitting them ? with everything OEM apart from the light units themselves which I got from China. Nevertheless, I still went through the normal process of elimination and surprise surprise the genuine Honda loom I rescued from project break and brackets from project black all fine. However after finally getting a chance to trace the issue today, it turns out both light units are to blame, should have known but least it was consistent with both units failing at the same time, despite all my efforts to make sure they had drainage and even externally waxed and internally sealed apart from drainage even put better bulbs in. ?

Thankfully I ordered another set for comparison purposes and the second looks much better quality, so bumper off job again and fit the new units might just go for LED bulbs to this time around...?

• Like 3