Subscriptions & Donations ×

I've got the power...............

Laird_Scooby

• Moderators

Apologies to Snap for pure plagiarism there but how well do the C engines respond to the "invasive" tuning options? When i say "invasive", i mean things like porting and polishing, waisting the valves, matching the inlet manifolds to the inlet ports and similar for the exhausts?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Not really my subject m8y :|  still there are a mixture of things you can do firstly more air, e.g induction kit or high flow filter K&N or re-profiling the cams  :) the biggest plus would be the exhaust system and you’ve got one  ;) also you could limp mode the transmission at the flick of a switch :o not for faint hearted though, faster shifts and less slip :idea:

• Like 1

• Moderators
Limp mode the transmission - is that over and above what the S4 button does? That changes the shift points and makes it shift harder and as far as i can work out advances the timing slightly with a bit more enrichment so i daresay a K&N direct replacement filter would give a good compromise between economy and all out power with that combination.

What i was hoping to achieve is a smoother, more balanced, more responsive and more powerful engine. Being greedy i don't want to sacrifice the economy, smoothness or driveability. In simple terms i want to knock the rough edges off to enhance the performance and increase the efficiency rather than going for a "balls out" street racer. I know de-catting it is worth about 24bhp and the water injection i'm using gives me 15% more economy and from very basic tests, about the same power increase i reckon. Even if it's only a 10% power hike it's still 19bhp so i'm currently looking about 212bhp at a rough guess.

I reckon the hardest part about porting/polishing the heads will be finding (and affording!) the head gasket set!
  • Like 1