Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Site Subscriber’s

After an accident involving a passenger and vomit, my coupe has had a very thorough cleaning inside, I even removed the door card.

Treated the leather to AutoGlyn cleaner, followed by the restorer cream and I have to say, they look a treat!

It passed 99k at the weekend - still runs lovely, just a shame about the paintwork. Next job is fitting a decent sound system. Focal components and a shiny new amp if some sort.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Not sure I want to ask about the cause of the sicky ! 

However, I rate Autoglym products too, although their exterior tar remover is not that good the interior cleaning stuff works really well....used the headlight restoration kit recently and well pleased with that.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, PTR200S said:

used the headlight restoration kit recently and well pleased with that.

Hi Pete,

What are the steps involved with the headlight restoration kit? The lenses on my Lexus are rather yellowing,  so I'm planning to tackle them with something in the near future.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, welland99 said:

Hi Pete,

What are the steps involved with the headlight restoration kit? The lenses on my Lexus are rather yellowing,  so I'm planning to tackle them with something in the near future.

Have a look in the Imports section , " In the Elysion workshop today" .....page 2 a couple of points down, I used the Autoglym kit on the headlights of the Elysion.

It came out really well !

There is also a thread in the cleaning and detailing section I think too... reviews and offers, " Headlamp resto "   using other products. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Founding Member
On 10/1/2019 at 8:16 AM, Kelvin said:

Focal components and a shiny new amp if some sort.

Which Focals did you go for? 

I bought PS165FX component speakers for the front doors but the door panel need to be modified to accommodate them.....this was 3 yrs ago and I’ve still not done it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Founding Member
On 10/1/2019 at 8:16 AM, Kelvin said:

Treated the leather to AutoGlyn cleaner, followed by the restorer cream and I have to say, they look a treat!

The cleaner is excellent. Always comes up a treat in my Coupe 

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
3 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

Which Focals did you go for? 

I bought PS165FX component speakers for the front doors but the door panel need to be modified to accommodate them.....this was 3 yrs ago and I’ve still not done it. 

I've had these a while, in a couple of my vans and they've been sat on the shelf in their box for two years now. Thought I'd best use them again.

received_408482839859287.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Excellent ! did they have to import the glass? obviously taken some time.......

Did you manage to "numb" the scroat in the end ?

Yes, I think it had to come from Stateside - they really struggled to find one but kept at it. Very impressed with their customer service, if I'm honest.

Sadly the miscreant was never found, but I suspect it was kids.

Interestingly the fitter said it wasn't the first replacement pane to go in.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Great news it's fixed at last! ;):D

Yes, now I can actually drive it properly, and commute as well.

To be fair, I drove it over to Rimmer Bros in Lincoln (you'll know them, Dave) to get some Rover bits (always like to pick up in person) and I heard a sound like a stone rattling in the wheel arch, and then a horrible repetitive clunk clunk noise. I was only 5 minutes out from Rimmers, so drove there granny style. Reversed into a parking space, another loud clunk, and the repetitive noise stopped. Suspected the brake caliper. Got home...yup.

npAIt8W.jpg

Whichever idiot was last in there didn't tighten up the bottom guide pin properly.

Oh hang on...that was me.

Idiot.

Sorted now ;)

• Like 4

• Moderators

Usua;;y those are "patch bolts" - bolts with thread locking compound on that is activated when they're first used. Not really meant to use them again unless they're cleaned off and fresh threadlock is applied.

That said, i've never had a problem doing them up normally.

At least you got home safe and sound after being fleeced! :P

What bits were you after at Rimmers?

Nowt much, just a few servicing bits and bobs for the 214 and 420. Their prices are okay most of the time, and I prefer OEM. It's their postage prices which make me cross. Hence, I'll do a 30 or 40 quid order and then pop over on a Saturday morning and pick up in person. Not too far from here, only 45 miles or so, and it gives one of the fleet a run out.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hughezee said:

After @AhsyV6 mentioned suspension earlier reminded me I needed to get all new rear bushings and arms for the coupe in prep for swapping my fuel tank which I was going to do last year, several hundred pounds lighter too 🤔

Hi Stu, when you say "bushings", aside from anti roll bar bushes, are there any bushes that can actually be replaced (easily) without changing the component to which they are attached?

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 10/12/2019 at 10:22 AM, welland99 said:

Hi Stu, when you say "bushings", aside from anti roll bar bushes, are there any bushes that can actually be replaced (easily) without changing the component to which they are attached?

Some of the bushes can be replaced easier than others, some are integrated into the arms so new arms are required, I'm just replacing mine so I don't need to deal with it in future years when they will eventually rot out...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

With most of the year V6ing in the Elysion the Coupe, Greenie,  has been off the road in storage.

Still haven't completed painting the spoiler and now the weather has turned its unlikely to get finished until the Spring now.

Anyway, i pumped the tyres up, checked fluids tried to start it, fired up first turn of the motor! Don't you just love it !!!

It sat there ticking over in the sunshine, really filthy but been under cover, now it needs a bath and the wheels cleaning up again..brake disks at the rear look a bit rusty, might need to invest in some new bits for her !

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s

Turns out it was the heatshield - since it's been lowered, it catches on a few of the speed bumps around here and yesterday, having a thrash to Buckingham, it bottomed out on a country lane and I reckon that must have been almost the end. 

The exhaust looks solid still and the catalyst is fine, so I'll get my better half's brother who owns a metal fabricators to make a repair or make a simple new one. 

IMG_20191105_084305155.jpg

• Like 4